Daily Bible Verse

Friday, February 6, 2015

What is the foundation? - January 6, 2015







1 Peter 1:3-6   3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade--kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

What happens when life shows up and shakes your foundation to the core? Do you run from your test and trials? Do you identify with Saul (problems and persecution) or Jonathan (compassion and care)? How do you slay your giants?

I Go To The Rock

Where do I go?
When there's nobody else to turn to
Who do I talk to?
When nobody wants to listen
Who do I lean on? Oh
When there is no foundation stable
I go to the rock
I know he is able, I go to the rock

[Chorus:]
I go to the rock of my salvation
I go to the stone that the builders rejected
I run to the mountain
And the mountain he stands by me
When the Earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ the solid rock I stand
When I need a shelter I go to the rock 

No comments:

Post a Comment