Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Thirsty – February 17, 2015


















Psalm 42:1       1 For the choir director. A Maskil of the sons of Korah. As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God.2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?3My tears have been my food day and night, While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"…

Psalms 63:1      O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Isaiah 49:10    They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.


Hunger and thirst are basic human functions. We ALL need food and water to live. One clear indication of illness is when we lose our appetite. It works the same way spiritually. We were designed to have communion and fellowship with God; so, to hunger and thirst for God is part of the very core of our being; it’s actually part of the Divine Design. When there is an absence of the hunger for the presence of God, you should know that there is something wrong spiritually. The hunger is so much a part of our basic instincts that if it is not satiated it then seeks to find fulfillment in other areas other than God. Just like eating a junk food diet can detour an otherwise healthy appetite, seeking fulfillment in the things that are not of God can dull our spiritual appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment