Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Broken - February 7, 2015




Psalms 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

Psalm 34:18   The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

For me, I could be off on this but I really don’t believe I am, ask yourself why are you broken?
What broke your heart your spirit? Could it be you were pursuing something outside of the will of God?

I ask those questions from personal experience. But, I can also say that I am no longer in that space, frame or mindset. I’m not an automaton, devoid of feeling….I still have my heart broken but it’s not because of personal desires…..my heart breaks when people deny Christ, are beyond selfish, mistreat each other….

I have found my humanity and my compassion because of my prayer life. I allowed God to roam free in every aspect of my life; He is no longer compartmentalized. I am broken….but keeping it 100…that’s how the light shines in and through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment