Daily Bible Verse

Friday, February 27, 2015

Weeping has Value – February 27, 2015

             



NOTE: Starting March 1 - I will be running a series of blogs related to relationships and relationship issues. How we place value in people over value in God and His word. How we take on excess baggage based on our limited understanding and perception of who God says we are and what we know about love....

Please believe that I have  struggled with and had my share of personal experience....with and without the knowledge of God's word and will.  I have run on self will and openly defied God in this area albeit to apocalyptic results; so I ask you who better to speak on the subject  than a counselor and minister with practical "hard knocks life" experience?


I'm just going to highlight a few scriptures and pose some words and lessons for self examination


Ecclesiastes 7: 3     Sorrow [is] better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

2 Corinthians 7:10     For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Psalm 119:50       “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”

Romans 8:18      “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”

We have a tendency to run the other way when the “giant” of grief shows its shadow. We avoid our feelings at all costs…we lose ourselves in busy work, comfort others and get involved in any and everything that keeps us from dealing with the loss….I speak from personal experience on this subject!

What I have since learned is the core essence of Ecclesiastes 7: 3    “Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us”  the tears  we shed wash away the debris that prevents us from accessing the power of the throne. The tears we shed heal the hurts. The tears we shed are a sweet communion


When is the last time you've experienced the cleansing flood of your own tears?!




No comments:

Post a Comment