Daily Bible Verse

Friday, February 27, 2015

Pleasing God BY: KB 2.27.15







1 Thessalonians 2:4 ESV      But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts.

Proverbs 29:25 ESV      The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.

John 12:43 ESV      For they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.

Jeremiah 17:5 ESV      Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the Lord.

I recently had a W.W.J.D moment (what would Jesus Do?)...I felt myself going to the familiar place of anger and resentment. The enemy was whispering in my ear at a fast and furious pace and I had to strain to hear the voice of God. I praise Him that I was able to lock in and hear it because I know what a destructive force that anger can be and can have in my life.  God was questioning me by asking, “Are you doing this for them or for Me?”  The Bible says in I Corinthians 10:31, “So whether your eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of the Lord.” If we are doing things for the glory and praise of others, we will be left feeling drained and unappreciated every single time.  God wants us to do everything for Him.  You see, when our loved ones fail to see or even care what we do, God sees.  God sees the effort we put into things.  God sees when we do something with a caring and pure heart.  When no one else sees or cares, God sees and cares.

REAL TALK it's always easier to find a scapegoat and point a finger because examining ourselves is too painful we'd rather project;  but, I've learned that it all begins and ends with me....it's not about me but it is about why my emotions have been triggered and why I am responding to the trigger.  It's about asking the hard questions like: why did I feel so under appreciate today?   Because I was being selfish and wanted my people to notice and to validate me; I wanted people to notice all I did and say thanksWhen you are wounded to the point where you begin to seek constant validation you're in dire need of prayer, help and self-reflection because no thank you or ego stroke is ever going to be enough; trust me I know this situation because at times I'm that little kid needing someone to notice all I've done. I have learned that I should have been doing these things as I was doing them for God and it wouldn't have mattered what anyone else said or did.  Now don’t get me wrong, it is not wrong to want a thank you once in a while.  And we, of course, should always appreciate and thank others.  But if we are only doing things for others approval, we will never be fully satisfied.


Everything you do, do it for God.  Do it with a joyful heart. As much as we love our family’s approval and appreciation, we should desire God’s more.

No comments:

Post a Comment