Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Improving your prayer life - February 1, 2015

As I stated, I would be shifting focus for a bit this month; as I learn, I share. I believe an active prayer life is an outward expression of love and obedience to God. I’m going to share what I am learning about my prayer life.

I was like the dog in the movie  Up – I could be in the middle of the greatest prayer, feeling, crying and praising and then “oooo squirrel!” Have you ever felt derailed by a random thought in the middle of a breakthrough?  Don’t lose heart; it happens to all of us…

Matthew 26 : 39 - 41    …39 And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."40 And He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, "So, you men could not keep watch with Me for one hour? 41"Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."…

It may be that one of our great faults in prayer is that we talk too much and listen too little. When prayer is at its highest, we wait in silence for God’s voice; we linger in His presence for His peace and His power to flow over us and around us; we lean back in His everlasting arms and feel the serenity of perfect security in Him. – William Barclay


What we need to do is to learn to quiet the mind…it is not an easy task. I have gotten in the habit of muting the sound on my TV and just stating praise until I feel myself let go of the swirling thoughts in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment