Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, February 28, 2015

My Hope Is Built… February 28, 2015

     

 




Romans 12:12 ESV      Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 15:13 ESV      May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV      Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 39:7 ESV      “And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you.

 

In biblical terms, hope is most often conjoined with faith.
The book of Hebrews tells us that, faith is "the assurance of things hoped for" (Hebrews 11:1).  Therefore, we are to deduce that hope is the object upon which we direct our focus and energies.


To the believer, hope is living in and with the knowledge that we are being changed for the better as we trust in God's promises (Romans 8:28). HOPE is the conviction that no matter the circumstances and how our limited senses receives the situation that God's plans for our lives are "for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11b NLT).



No comments:

Post a Comment