Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Rest in God’s Arms November 11, 2015










Read Philippians 4:4-13


Nahum 1:7      The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him,

2 Timothy 2:19     Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

Psalm 1:6     For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

Psalm 25:8     Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.

Psalm 37:39     The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

Joel 3:16     The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Late on the evening of September 11, 2001, I opened my door to two representatives of the New York City Fire Department. They came to tell me that my husband, a firefighter, was unaccounted for. With those words, my teenage daughters and I embarked on a journey we had never expected to take.

A few weeks earlier, we were at family camp. A friend’s young child had gotten in trouble, and his dad picked him up to carry him back to the campsite. The child wasn’t happy and had gone kicking and screaming. God helped me see that whether the child went kicking and screaming or resting in his father’s loving arms, he was going on that journey. Now I realized that I had a similar choice: I could rest in the loving arms of my heavenly Father, or I could choose to resist the Lord. Either way, I was on the journey that began with losing my husband.

Through the many years since then, God has carried me. After a time, God put me down to walk. God allowed me to run ahead; and when I stumbled, God picked me up again. The Lord has never left me and has proven trustworthy over and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment