Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Don’t You Care? November 25, 2015











Read Mark 4:35-41

Mark 4:39      He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

Psalm 89:9     You rule over the surging sea; when its waves mount up, you still them.

Psalm 107:29     He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.

Matthew 8:26     He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Mark 4:38     Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

Luke 4:35     "Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

Luke 8:24     The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.

While driving, I got a flat tire, and my son and I had to make an emergency stop. Immediately, the car behind me crashed into my car. We waited in shock as the police documented the accident. Two weeks later, someone stole my bag from my office after our worship service. Without the documents in that bag, I would no longer be able to serve in the church. I would have to go to my native town to have everything re-issued — a process that takes six months. “Why did these things happen?” I found myself asking God. “Don’t you care about what’s happening to me?”

My question echoed the question the disciples asked in today’s reading. Since the disciples were professional fishermen, we can assume that they did all they could to save the boat. But it was useless. So they called on Christ, who was sleeping next to them.

Two days after my bag was stolen, I received a phone call. “I’ve found your documents,” the caller said. “They were strewn on the ground, and the police had your phone number because of your car accident.” The joy I felt was indescribable. God does care about me. The Lord Jesus is powerful. He is always waiting for us to call out to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment