Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

God Knows Me November 24, 2015








Read Psalm 139:1-4

Jeremiah 1:5      "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Luke 1:15     for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

John 10:36     what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

1 Corinthians 8:3     But whoever loves God is known by God.

Galatians 1:15     But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by his grace, was pleased

Psalm 139:15     My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

David B. Smith is a common name — so common that once I was not allowed to board a commercial flight because someone with my name was on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s “No Fly” list. Fortunately, the birth date on my driver’s license showed that I was decades older than this person, and I was eventually allowed to board the airplane.

I used to feel that in a world with billions of people, God didn’t know me. I am not famous. Even in my hometown, I am not well known. But reading Psalm 139 helped me realize that God knows who I am. I don’t need to show my driver’s license to claim my identity with God. Our reading above describes God’s knowledge of my thoughts, actions, and words; while verse 13 of that same psalm depicts God’s involvement in forming me in my mother’s womb. In the text, I learn that God even has a plan for my life (v. 16).

When we are feeling insignificant or unimportant, we can stop and remember the words of Psalm 139. God considers us important enough to have been involved in our lives even before we were born.


No comments:

Post a Comment