Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Finding God in Unexpected Places November 26,2015









Read 1 Kings 19:1-13

Zephaniah 3:17      The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

Isaiah 62:4     No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married.

Isaiah 62:5     As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.

Isaiah 63:1     Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save."

Hosea 14:4     "I will heal their waywardness and love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them.

Joel 2:21     Do not be afraid, land of Judah; be glad and rejoice. Surely the LORD has done great things!

Zephaniah 3:5     The LORD within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame.

Zephaniah 3:15     The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm.

After spending five days caring for my father, I was not looking forward to going back to work. I had not slept well and had nothing to take for lunch. I parked my car in a distant parking lot and walked to the building. When I arrived, I saw a basket wrapped with a bow sitting on top of the refrigerator; my name was on the attached card, which I opened and read. A co-worker had written that although I was busy taking care of my dad, I should not forget to take care of myself. She had given me a gift basket of luxurious bath products and candy.

Her gift reminded me that God shows up in our lives in unexpected places. For example, when Queen Jezebel threatened Elijah, he fled into the wilderness. He ate a meal prepared by angels, then went into a cave and waited for God to come. God did not appear in the windstorm, the earthquake, or the fire, but in a gentle whisper that reassured Elijah of his worth and his calling. God showed up for me today in the words and the gift of a co-worker.


No comments:

Post a Comment