Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Faith and Worldliness November 28, 2015










Read Philippians 3:18-21

Romans 1:8      First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.

Acts 28:22     But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect."

Romans 6:17     But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance.

Romans 10:18     But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world."

Romans 16:19     Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

1 Corinthians 1:4     I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.

In the first century, Rome was the most influential city in the world. While earthly wealth, wisdom, and abundant pleasures caused many believers to grow stagnant or to fall away from their faith, the Roman believers remained strong. Their faith was so strong that the world at large took notice. Paul wrote to them: “I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world.” What a testimony for future generations!

What would Paul say to me? Would he commend me, or would he see that I have put too much confidence in my worldly possessions? In our reading for today, Paul cautions us to focus on Christ’s desires for our lives and not on all the earthly pleasures that surround us. The treasure that is our faith in Christ should far outshine all the world has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment