Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Chosen November 1, 2015












Ephesians 1:4      For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Leviticus 19:2     "Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy.

Leviticus 20:7     "'Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the LORD your God.

2 Samuel 22:24     I have been blameless before him and have kept myself from sin.

Matthew 25:34     "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

Acts 13:48     When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Ephesians 2:10     For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I wasn’t brought up going to church. My family didn’t discuss God, but Mom sang hymns as she went about her chores. As I listened to her sing, “He walks with me, and he talks with me” and “Precious Lord, take my hand,” I began to know a heavenly Father who loved me. I began to talk to God daily and to pray when I was afraid or needed help. When I was in my twenties, I  kneeled in front of the TV during a Billy Graham crusade and gave my life to Christ.


In a household in which five children grew up without the benefit of Sunday school or conversations about God, our heavenly Father was made known to us. How much the Lord wants a relationship with us! God pursues us in many ways — in church, yes, and sometimes through television and music. The Lord is patient with us. God gives us every opportunity to respond to the call of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment