Daily Bible Verse

Monday, November 23, 2015

Pray All Day November 23, 2015







Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 Thessalonians 5:17      …Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.…

Ephesians 6:18     And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

Luke 21:36      Watch you therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy …

Romans 12:12      Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

I recall the first time I read the verse in 1 Thessalonians that urges us to pray without ceasing. If I pray without ceasing, I thought, how will I have time to accomplish all the other tasks required of me during the day?

After thoughtful consideration, I realized how I could pray without ceasing.

I began to approach my daily tasks with a prayerful heart. I soon found that my work was more enjoyable when I turned it into an opportunity to commune with God. For example, during housecleaning I gave thanks for God’s order in my life. As I prepared meals, I prayed for those who would eat at my table and for those who do not have enough to eat. When weeding the garden, I imagined letting go of old hurts and prideful thoughts with each weed I pulled.

Each moment in our lives presents a chance for prayer. I want to take advantage of every opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment