Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Never Alone November 17, 2015










Read John 14:15-21

Hebrews 13:5      Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Deuteronomy 4:31     For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath.


Joshua 1:5     No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Isaiah 42:16     I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Matthew 6:19     "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

2 Corinthians 4:9     persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

“Mommy?” a tiny voice called out from the restroom stall.

“I’m right here, honey,” her mother responded.

Although the child could not see her mother, she immediately calmed down because she heard her mother’s voice and trusted her mother’s word. Then suddenly, the outer door slammed shut. The unexpected bang shook the child’s confidence.

“Mommy? Are you still there?” Her little voice quivered.

“I’m right here, honey. I promise I won’t leave you.”

Like the little girl, we sometimes find ourselves in frightening situations. Because we cannot see God and may not sense God’s presence, we panic, fearing that God has left us alone in unfamiliar territory. But when we cry out, “Abba?” God’s word assures us, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

Through faith in God’s word, we can push through our fear, step straight into God’s loving arms, and find the strength to face life’s most difficult challenges, knowing that God will never abandon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment