Daily Bible Verse

Monday, November 2, 2015

Other’s First November 2, 2015








Read Philippians 2:1-4

Philippians 2:4     not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Romans 15:1     We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.

Philippians 2:21     For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:8     But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Romans 12:10     Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Galatians 5:26     Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

Ephesians 5:21     Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Philippians 1:17     The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.

Recently while strolling home from work, I encountered one of my friends. As I saw her coming, I felt compelled to offer her a business suit of mine that I had been meaning to give away. When I told her about it, she replied that she had been jobless for a while, that the next day she was scheduled for the last in a series of job interviews, and that she needed a suit for the interview.

I could brush this off as a coincidence. But I strongly believe that God used me in that moment as an answer to this sister’s immediate need. God relies on us to touch the lives of others and be a blessing to them.


When we are sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit that dwells in us and are willing to be used by God, we can respond positively and with love to those around us. Our help need not be a big gesture or gift of something material. A warm smile, a comforting touch, a hug, or an encouraging word can meet a person’s immediate need by strengthening his or her will to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment