Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Beyond Denominations November 21, 2015








Read Psalm 119:105-112

Psalm 119:105      Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

2 Peter 1:19     We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Proverbs 6:23     For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life,

Psalm 18:28      For you will light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Job 29:3      When his candle shined on my head, and when by his light I walked …

My denominational background paints a muddled picture. I attended Catholic school during the week and then attended a United Methodist Church with my family on the weekends. What my parents instilled in me was a deep love of God and appreciation for creation. They always put our family first, building our relationships. Now that I’m an adult, I value people and relationships, especially my relationship with God. Perhaps that’s why I continue to attend a variety of Christian denominational services.

Today I split my time between several church families, attending a Baptist Chapel on Sundays, a Presbyterian Bible study on Wednesdays, and events and services at other Christian churches. What brings all of these services and perspectives together is the written word of God, our Bible. Sure, various translations are preferred in different churches, but the core messages tie all of us together, regardless of denomination. The Bible connects us as believers. What a wonderful thing to know that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ!


No comments:

Post a Comment