Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gifts from the Heart November 8, 2015







Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-14



2 Corinthians 8:7      But since you excel in everything--in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you --see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

Romans 15:14     I myself am convinced, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with knowledge and competent to instruct one another.

1 Corinthians 1:5     For in him you have been enriched in every way--with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge--

1 Corinthians 12:8     To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit,

2 Corinthians 9:8     And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

I have a patch of lamb’s ear growing in my backyard. Every time I water it or touch its velvety leaves, I smile and think of the woman who gave it to me nearly 10 years ago. She suffered from multiple sclerosis, and I was her nurse. I visited her at home a few times, and on my last visit she handed me a bundle of lamb’s ear from her garden. When I arrived home I planted it right away. Ten years later the plant continues to thrive, sprouting beautiful lavender blooms in the spring. This gift lovingly given so many years ago continues to bless my life.

Christians are called to be gracious to one another. This may mean giving material things to those in need or offering support to someone needing encouragement. The best gift we can give is the knowledge and love of Christ. And when we give in Christ’s name, God can use what we do today to bless others for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment