Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Purpose Driven Life : What Drives You? - April 19, 2015












Everyone has something that drives them; that still and quiet voice, the urge, the unction. Many people have shifted their focus and are now driven by things not of God...guilt, resentments, anger, fear materialism and the need for approval.

Proverbs 12:16     Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.

Proverbs 27:3     Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but a fool's provocation is heavier than both.

Ecclesiastes 4:4    And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person's envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

There are other things that people tend to focus on and use it to drive them but it still leads to a life unfulfilled; unused potential and unneeded stress.

Job 7:6     "My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and they come to an end without hope.

Genesis 4:12     When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

Isaiah 49:4     But I said, "I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing at all. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my God."

The Bible offers "drivers ed"

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.



No comments:

Post a Comment