Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Purpose Driven Life: Friendship with God - April 28, 2015

 






If you want a deep friendship with God you have to learn to share all of who you are and what you do.

Proverbs 3:32     for the devious person is an abomination to the LORD, but the upright are in his confidence.

John 7:17     Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Job 29:4     Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house,

Moses was honest with God and voiced his humanity in sharing his frustration

Exodus 33:12-13     Then Moses said to the LORD, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people!' But You Yourself have not let me know whom You will send with me. Moreover, You have said, 'I have known you by name, and you have also found favor in My sight.' "Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight. Consider too, that this nation is Your people."…

Psalm 142:2     I pour out before him my complaint; before him I tell my trouble.

The essence of our friendship with God is trust (FAITH)

John 15:14     You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 15:8 -10     …"My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples."Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.…

Jesus is the quintessential example of a life that is pleasing and obedient to God.

Luke 2: 50 -52     …But they did not understand the statement which He had made to them. And He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and He continued in subjection to them; and His mother treasured all these things in her heart. And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Matthew 3:16 -17     …After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

There is nothing more important in your life than developing a friendship with God!




No comments:

Post a Comment