Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Adoption (Prayer) - April 4, 2015







Romans 8:15     The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Galatians 4:6     Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

John 1:12      But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

1 John 3:1      See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.


God, you have made me your child through the blessings of your Spirit. You have adopted me through your grace and delivered me from sin and death by the shedding of your blood.

Keep me ever mindful of what it means to be your child and to be free from the constraints of the law. Help me to be mindful of your grace and not get caught up in living my day on my terms.

Lord, help me to be in constant and consistent prayer for my family and friends. Help them to experience you love and authority. Allow them to see the fullness of their inheritance in your spirit.

Thank you for meeting me at my point of need and accepting me as I am, full of faults, fears and frailties....


Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment