Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Purpose Driven Life: What Really Matters – May 2, 2015

 





1 Corinthians 13:3   And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

2 John 1:6     And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

There’s a song lyric that comes to mind – “Life is love and love is living”

The essence , the DA of life, is love. God is love and the most significant thing you can do while you’re alive is to love.

Galatians 5:14     For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

John 13:35     By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Love surpasses our understanding of time and God will judge us on our abilities to love when we enter into the eternal state.

Ephesians 5:2     and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Because love is sanctioned and ordained by God it should be treated with the utmost respect and be given priority above all else in life.

Galatians 6:10     Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Proverbs 3:27     Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.

Matthew 22:37 – 40     Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  

   

1 comment:

  1. While I know that love for God and my neighbor is the Greatest Commandment of all, I still have to be honest about who I am. Without a shadow of doubt, I LOVE God with all my heart, strength, and soul. But sometimes I struggle with loving my neighbor. You see I can be honest about who I am because the only person I am accountable to is God. But everyday I ask my God to help me with this. Why? Because he loved me when I was deemed unlovable and continues to do so.....

    ReplyDelete