Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Open To/With God - May 31, 2015









Psalm 51: 1- 4     For the choir director. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your loving kindness; According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity And cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, And my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, I have sinned And done what is evil in Your sight, So that You are justified when You speak And blameless when You judge.…

Acts 3:19     Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord,

Colossians 2:14     having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.

Isaiah 44:22     I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you."

Jeremiah 9:24     but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.

The contrast between David and Saul was stark. Saul looked and acted like a king; he presented fresh and polished. David on the other hand always appeared to be a ragged shepherd. Where Saul flashed and impressed in his armor; David was open and vulnerable with his slingshot. Where Saul lives in a palace David lived in the fields and in caves. Saul had many ways of covering and shielding and David was so out in the open and transparent that he often seemed vulnerable and naive. When David gives into his desires it’s out in the open for the whole world to see but when he repents it’s with the same openness and fervor that even the staunchest critic has to admire his connection with God.


Live your life beyond the superficial…strive for the supernatural.


No comments:

Post a Comment