Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, December 19, 2015

When We Have No Words December 19, 2015










Read Romans 8:18-27
Romans 8:26      In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Matthew 20:22     "You don't know what you are asking," Jesus said to them. "Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?" "We can," they answered.

John 14:16     And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever--

Romans 8:15     The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

2 Corinthians 12:8     Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

Ephesians 6:18     And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

Ordinarily, my wife gets out of bed in the morning to attend to our four young children. Recently, I happened to get out of bed before she did. After helping the older children, I made every attempt to get our 18-month-old son what he wanted for breakfast. He pointed at the cabinet and pronounced, “Muhh!” I had no idea what he was asking for. I opened the refrigerator. He pointed and cried “Chehhh!” I offered him pudding, eggs, waffles, but he only became more frustrated. Finally, I woke his mother and explained the situation. She promptly replied, “He wants milk and a slice of cheese.” She understands him even when he doesn’t have the words.


I couldn’t understand my son’s mutterings, but God understands even the groanings of our hearts. God knows our needs, hurts, and longings. Even when we have no words to speak, we can turn to God and know that God will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment