Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, December 20, 2015

God Is with Us Today December 20, 2015







Read Psalm 139:5-18

Psalm 139:5-6      You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.…

Job 9:33     If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together,

Psalm 34:7     The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.

Psalm 125:2     As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore.

The daily devotion in The Upper Room that day was about a woman who, like me, loves maps. I have a map of the world on my wall, and I keep an atlas and a street directory on my bookshelf. I don’t travel a lot; but I love to know where the people I read about are living.

My maps help me feel connected to others, but God doesn’t need a map to know us. Psalm 139 assures us that God is familiar with all our ways — that before a word leaves our tongues God knows it completely (v. 4). What a comfort in times of distress is this reminder in verse 12: “Even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you”!

Our granddaughter is about to travel on her own to the other side of the world. I am fearful for her safety, but I am confident that God will accompany her wherever she goes. I hold on to Psalm 139:9-10: “If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast.”


No comments:

Post a Comment