Daily Bible Verse

Friday, December 18, 2015

An Offer You Can’t Refuse December 18, 2015






Read John 4:28-42

John 9:27      He answered, "I have told you already and you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you want to become his disciples too?"

John 5:25     Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.

John 9:15     Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. "He put mud on my eyes," the man replied, "and I washed, and now I see."

I am a gadget man. When I discover a new electronic device or software, I get excited. Recently I found a free scheduling app for my tablet that would send reminders about project due dates and help me plan my work and hold myself accountable. I told my wife, Bonnie, about it and downloaded it to her tablet. Then I sent emails to my three children, urging them to download it quickly, since it would go back to full price the next day.


This zeal to share good news is a smaller version of the fervor that wells up in us when we receive Christ. What a treasure we’ve found! We feel buoyant, free from guilt. Immediately we wonder, Are others like me — feeling the pain of guilt? I have discovered just what they need, something they can’t live without. Christ offers freedom from guilt, the power to overcome, and daily fellowship with God. What’s more, we now have a new understanding of scripture and ultimately a home in heaven. This is priceless! I want to share this good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment