Daily Bible Verse

Monday, December 28, 2015

Gratitude Stone December 28, 2015








Read Ephesians 5:15-21

1 Thessalonians 5:18      give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Ephesians 5:20      Giving thanks always for all things to God and the Father in the …

Philippians 4:6      Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication …

Colossians 3:17      And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord …

Job 1:21      And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I …

Psalm 34:1     I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Hebrews 13:15      By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, …

Every day I put a stone in my pocket or wallet. It was given to me by my spiritual mentor and serves as a reminder not to let a day pass by without thanking God.

One hot afternoon, the church driver and I were distributing letters. We were on our way to our final destination when traffic trapped us for almost half an hour. I became impatient and complained about how long it was taking. But the driver smiled at me and said, “Taking public transportation would take us longer than riding in the van.” His words woke me up, and I remembered the stone in my pocket.

Most of the time, we see what’s missing in our lives rather than what we have. We complain more than we give thanks. First Thessalonians 5:18 tells us to “give thanks in every situation,” even when the circumstances do not favor us.

Instead of fuming about the traffic, I should have said, “Thank you, God.” We can find a symbol or recall a verse of scripture to remind us to give thanks to God in every situation. Such a practice can help us turn complaints into words of gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment