Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Never Alone December 17, 2015










Read John 14:15-21

Hebrews 13:5      Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

1 Kings 8:57     May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our ancestors; may he never leave us nor forsake us.

1 Chronicles 28:20     David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.

Psalm 37:25     I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

Psalm 119:36     Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.

Proverbs 23:4     Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness.

“Mommy?” a tiny voice called out from the restroom stall.

“I’m right here, honey,” her mother responded.

Although the child could not see her mother, she immediately calmed down because she heard her mother’s voice and trusted her mother’s word. Then suddenly, the outer door slammed shut. The unexpected bang shook the child’s confidence.

“Mommy? Are you still there?” Her little voice quivered.

“I’m right here, honey. I promise I won’t leave you.”

Like the little girl, we sometimes find ourselves in frightening situations. Because we cannot see God and may not sense God’s presence, we panic, fearing that God has left us alone in unfamiliar territory. But when we cry out, “Abba?” God’s word assures us, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”


Through faith in God’s word, we can push through our fear, step straight into God’s loving arms, and find the strength to face life’s most difficult challenges, knowing that God will never abandon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment