Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Our Great Fortress December 31, 2015








Read Psalm 62:1-8

Psalm 62:1-2      Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him.  Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

Psalm 33:20    We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

Psalm 37:39     The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble.

Psalm 62:5     Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.

Psalm 130:5     I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Psalm 131:2     But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content.

The children’s hospital was quiet in the early morning hours, except for the murmurs from the nurses’ station down the hall and the consistent beeping of machines all throughout the ward. Fervently, I prayed the words of the psalmist quoted above as chemotherapy did its work within my body.

This was a time of profound pain, confusion, and fear for me. But from this scripture I called out to God and, quicker than a breath, the Great Comforter filled me with a sense of peace.

Though the seas grow strong, though the winds grow violent, and though our footing may falter, we can always find refuge in God’s arms. Regardless of our circumstances, our suffering and pain, one truth remains: God is our fortress; we will never be shaken!


No comments:

Post a Comment