Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, December 13, 2015

God Is with Us December 13, 2015








Read Isaiah 43:1-7

Isaiah 43:2-3       "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. "For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.…

Deuteronomy 31:6     Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:8     The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Psalm 23:4     Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 32:6     Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them.

Psalm 66:12     You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

Australia is a land of sweeping plains, rugged mountain ranges, droughts, and flooding rains. Our region had experienced years of drought. Then last summer three floods came across our farm in a three-month period. We were safe, but surrounded by water. We did not lose any livestock; but we did lose crops, which left us with a financial loss. Fences and roads were swept away, and debris was left everywhere. The cleanup kept us busy for months.

My eyes were opened when I read today’s reading from Isaiah: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you” — “when” not “if”! We will pass through waters and walk through fire; but God promises, “I am the LORD your God . . . your Savior. . . . Do not fear, for I am with you.” We can trust in God because God is faithful. When we realize what God has done for us, we don’t need to be afraid of whatever disasters happen in the world. God has formed us and called us by name. God loves us, redeems us, and blots out our sins. What a privilege to belong to such a great and gracious God!


No comments:

Post a Comment