Daily Bible Verse

Monday, March 16, 2020

Image may contain: night, possible text that says 'Free yourself from the limitations others have placed on you and your world will transform'


Thought for today
Good Monday morning kings and queens,
I made it through the weekend. Friday I was both shocked and appalled by the fear and panic responses to the covid -19 pandemic. I went to the supermarket to pick up a few items and I saw lines stretching halfway through the store. I went to 2 other locations to find empty selves and panicked and rude people...I found myself experiencing supermarket road rage based on the behavior or others....which leads me to my point...
what is our hope based in? Have we as a race of people, I'm speaking the human race, succumb to an "every man for himself" mentality all the while claiming some type of caring and empathetic religious dogma?
I'm going to set Monday off with this thought:
Imagine - John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

I'm going to leave you with a bit of scripture: Matthew 16:26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment