Daily Bible Verse

Friday, March 20, 2020

I have faith in these desolate times

Image may contain: nature, possible text that says 'letus be the ever faithful gardeners of the Spirit who know that without darkness nothing comes to birth and without light nothing flowers. may maysarton EVERY DAY SPIRIT'



Thought for today:
Good morning good people..
I am going to jump start my weekend with a little infusion of positivity because Lord knows we need some cheer..

Yesterday, I was able to get in and out of the grocery store w/o seeing a birthday come and go because that's just how long the check out lines have been for the past 2 weeks.The store shelving was still a bit sparse but I was able to grab a few things. As I was driving home with my groceries, like a bear headed to the cave for hibernation, I thought about how people are capitalizing by using the fear mongering and pandering. I juxtaposed this thought to what I KNOW about God.
Now, don't get me wrong, I have been accused of minimizing the impact of this pandemic, I know it is a very real health issue and I take my precautions seriously but what I'm not going to do is let the enemy take the driver's seat by reacting (instinct) rather than responding (prayer and forethought)...<-- hope that makes sense. Again, I am not downplaying the health risks and I am not poo pooing what this "plague" is doing....I am highlighting my God!!! You know when you hear "oh magnify the Lord"? Well, when we magnify everything else is small in comparison...ya feel me?!!!

Now, I'm about to take you to my "church" of thought beginning with:
Luke 12:25-31 (NIV)
25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

(Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 56:3; 2 Timothy 1:7; Joshua 1:9; 1 Peter 5:7)

The word says : I came that you might have life and have it more abundantly - can you do that in fear?

Yes, this is a stressful time, things seem dark....but you have the choice to look to the light and live. There was life on the Ark; There was life in the Red Sea; There was life in the river floating away from Pharaoh; The was life on the run from Saul and there was and is life on the cross..~ KB🙏😉

No comments:

Post a Comment