Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Restoration



Image may contain: possible text that says 'Just because a person doesn't put hands on you, that doesn't mean they aren't abusive. Abuse is control, blatant disrespect, and also hurtful words. Don't settle for emotional abuse thinking it's ok because it's not physical.'        Image may contain: possible text that says 'Be gentle with yourself for you are living through a major expansion of your faith and how you use it in the world. You are rewiring decades of old beliefs and shifting how you live your life. This no small feat. It is OK to feel uncomfortable. Great change often brings with it discomfort and second guessing one's self. Do not shrink back from this mission. Not now. You are changing and your Divine Self is shining the way.'





Though for today:
Good morning beautiful souls,
Ask any of the people who I have had the pleasure of working with as a counselor....they will tell you that I have ALWAYS taught this lesson...

Allow me to give you a short back story on what I'm about to say...Many of the people I work with are in the early stages of their healing process. The very first thing I do is take them back to the messages they received to shape their self destructive behaviors. I highlight the point that these messages were provided by other people who are "walking wounded" and that it's not their baggage to carry . I discuss how they are in the process of rebuilding and that if they are ready to do the work they must first notice the damage and the ease and speed of the demolition done by the hands, and words of others. I tell them that it takes minimal effort to swing a hammer in the demo process.

I then teach that their tries and fails were a result of their attempts to rebuild without blueprints; in essence becoming a patch "good enough" job until something happens that shakes the foundation of their work...think of the house from the old TV show Green Acres. While my clients are chewing on their ideal and concept of construction and healing.... I then provide the essential message of hope from Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.


Noting that when you attempt to fix something using the materials from the "accident" it's considered SALVAGE...and that's what the healing process is Salvage, salvation, restoration and "righting" and who better to do it than the Most High...


I allow the person to identify their Higher Power but I stress that it must be a power greater than themselves because if they could have fixed, restored, renewed, righted themselves then they would have and there would be no need for a Higher Power.


Ok, I've preached enough...let me just note....we have power, and we've had it throughout whatever ordeal we've experienced. Our power is in the ability to recognize the things that damage our souls, spirits, psyche, what have you, and to say yes, to our healing.... Be bold and brave and tap into your power. Start your "righting" ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment