Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Keep the faith

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says 'May you heal everything you touch.'

Thought for today:
Good morning good people,
I chose this pic for a very special reason. I am a mental health worker, more aptly, a substance abuse counselor and these trying times are causing people distress. Their four rooms (mental, emotional, spiritual and physical) are cluttered with fear and anxiety. People have lost sight of the doors and windows of hope and opportunity.

I say this to say, this is where my job and my words become crucial. I have to stay focused and true to what I believe and what I know has gotten me through.

Many of you are off work and becoming frustrated because you're dealing with uncertainty for the now and for the future. Many "front-liners who are working are tired and they want to insure their safety and the safety and well being of their families. Trust and believe I am no different and I can identify with both sides.... but I am not fearful in this time of crisis ...I am holding fast and firm to the PAUSE and the TRUTH in the statement "but, God". Allow me to explain:
They say the virus is deadly; true but God... Deuteronomy 31:8
8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

They say it's going to get worse before it gets better; true, but God.....Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 18: 2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

They say people are panic buying and hoarding, leaving very little for the marginalized; true, but God... 1 John 4:18
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. John 15:13 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

It's the "but God"...that changes your thoughts from fear to love and it is through this love that we're able to live, move and have our being.... Keep the faith y'all ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment