Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The ghost of "honesty"





Image may contain: textImage may contain: nature, possible text that says 'We are all blinded by deceit of what society or family tells us is right. Some of Us chcose to break free. Tami Egonu -QUOTESTATS.COM'

























Thought for today:
Good morning beautiful spirits,
I don't know about you but yesterday was one for the record books for me....there was too much for me to process. I came home full of frustration and "toxins" from the projection of others. I ate and crashed until about 9 PM and I've been "haunting" ever since...by haunting I mean hovering and lingering over some food for thought. I read and pray when everything is quiet and still...

My thoughts led me to think about what it means to be honest; hence the quote about society and family. If you're familiar with the 12 Steps you should know about Step 4...while not in recovery for drugs or alcohol. I am in recovery from a childhood of immense trauma. I grew up in a home with a physically, emotionally and verbally abusive alcoholic father. Domestic violence was the norm (hearing and witnessing my mother being battered by this man, , her husband, my father)
With each blow up, verbal abuse, physical incident - mom battered or excessive child punishment, police presence...my siblings and I were given the same message "don't go out there tellin' people our business..." What a message and responsibility to give a child!!!!

Step 4 Made a searching a fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

I share with my clients that I work this Step every single day...once in the morning for motivation and at night as a means of self-assessment. Some days I feel like I get things right and other days are epic fails.
Let, me get to my point and my pictures. Far too many of us are living our lives in denial and deceit...because of the toxic presence of ghosts and specters (there's a difference between the two words and now you know why I used the aforementioned word haunting)
You ever notice that people who claim honesty and to be honest have the most secrets? They practice omission or make stringent claims to be a "private" person. You ever notice that the "privacy" takes on a Wizard of Oz like wrath and anger when someone gets too close to exposing the truth and frailties?

I share my story without hesitation , no stigma, i rebuke the guilt and shame that people think I should carry. I reject secrets and lies...my closet is for clothes and not skeletons....

Integrity is doing the "right" thing no matter what.....integrity has an audience of one....and your recognition and validation comes when your soul is aligned with the righteousness of God. Integrity is not self serving, integrity is not about the look at me. Integrity sometimes may have pain or consequences attached to it....but again I must remind you that integrity is not of this world.

I may not be aware of all the bones that I have kept during my lifetime but you can best believe I know what to do with them when they're exposed....I make a hearty stock and I use it to the glory...amen..

STOP listening to the empty "honesty and subjective truths" of the people who are in the "business of telling you who and what you should be and do and be about the business of who God says you are!!!

Ok...y'all know I love to get with the "Mother's Board" at church....walk in the light, the beautiful light, come where the dew drops of mercy shine bright ~ KB I love y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment