Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Time In Prayer and Thought BY: KB 3.1.15

I am reading my fourth book for the year When God Whispers Your Name  by Max Lucado; this book is a workbook so I have to periodically stop and answer some serious thought provoking questions.

The question that really made me think was based on reading Hebrews 11:24 -28      24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

The questions were: According to this passage, how did Moses accomplish what he did? How does this relate to you?

I easily answered the questioned based on the scriptural readings but then I asked myself some other questions as wee; a great teacher once taught me that" a good student always seeks to answer the questions behind the obvious questions."  So, I asked myself...when is the last time I heard the voice commanding me to remove my shoes because I was on holy ground? Did I obey or did I just continue to track my dirt?

I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless.
I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping.
It doesn't change God, it changes me. ~ CS Lewis

We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.
~ Oswald Chambers

Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God…
~ John Bunyan


Prayer is holy ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment