Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Revelation #2 BY: KB 3.1.15

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening

I know I have readers in different time zones.

I spent all day Saturday writing blog entries. I have had a time writing and learning about the Lord. I've studied and put blood, sweat and tears (no exaggeration) into my work. God has been showing up in a BIG way and on a very large scale in my prayer life and as I take the time to study as I write my blog entries.

When I first began the blog, the first week, it was just business and writing as usual. After that first week of posting God began to quicken my spirit and I began to see and feel the fullness and spans of His riches and blessings. 

My own awakening leads me to pose this question to all who claim the kinship in the blood of Christ; I guess it's more of a call to worship and order; after some days of introspection I had to answer the very same questions. How can you claim kinship and relationship if you spend no time with the person? Are you willing to follow where He leads? Are you willing to be exposed and vulnerable to the Holy Spirit?

Here's something fundamental that really begs to be examined....we all think of sin as a action or bad act that goes against our limited understanding of God, we interpret sin as an instinctual feeling ( a conscience)  or violation of a commandment. But, a very basic definition of sin is anything that separates us from God...what if that separation is  US?

Revelation #2 - Saying you believe and living any old kind of way grieves the Holy Spirit....

Ephesians 4:29-31     …29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. 30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.…


Pulpit Commentary

Verse 30. - And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God. Very solemn and emphatic counsel. The name is given with unusual fullness, in order to show the magnitude of the sin . "The Spirit, the Holy Spirit of God." By an anthropopathy the Spirit is represented as grieved by such treatment as would grieve us - e.g. when his work is obstructed, when sin is trifled with, when Deity is treated carelessly, when place is given to the devil, when the spirit of the world is cherished. Those who act thus resemble the Sanballats and Tobiahs of the time of the restoration, who hindred the rebuilding of the temple and the restoration of order and prosperity. When the Holy Spirit would urge consecration, separation from the world, holy exercises, active service, our indolent and worldly hearts are liable to rebel and vex him. To grieve a parent heedlessly is a great sin; how much more to grieve the Spirit of God? In whom ye were sealed unto the day of redemption. The Spirit being rather the Seal than the Sealer, who is the Father (see Ephesians 1:13), it is better to translate in whom than by whom; besides, this preserves the force of the ἐν, which, whether used of Christ or of the other persons of the Godhead, is so characteristic of the Epistle. To grieve the Spirit is to help to obliterate the seal, and thus weaken the evidence of our redemption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment