Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Insecurity - March 1, 2015

 





Philippians 4:6-7 ESV      Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 ESV      Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Matthew 6:25-34 ESV      “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. ...

Psalm 55:22 ESV      Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.


I'm am by no means a relationship expert....as a matter of fact I am single now because I allowed my character defects to get the better of me and they managed to erode a new foundation in a very short matter of time.....

What I am is...not stupid! I listened and I learned from every detour and bump. I learned to release resentments ( a most toxic and tragic poison that manages to kill the bloom and the roots) Any and all information that I provide in these next few days is based on very personal and painful firsthand knowledge.

Please let me say that I work as a counselor by profession and I know that lives, hopes and dreams are often hung on the information that I provide. I  do painstaking study on each topic and I take each topic seriously ...and again this information is based on that study and some very hard life lessons.
Feeling insecure in a relationship is a form of mental and physical torture for the one who is feeling the insecurity. The weight of fear and  intrusive obsessive thoughts, powerless, of awful awareness that all YOUR inability to deal with your insecurity is actually destroying the thing that you didn't want touched in the first place!  Like a hamster in a wheel, you're running in a cycle and you stop, get out, only to find that you're still in the same place you were running to get away from.

But it’s equally tough for the person on the receiving end of all that insecurity. The truth is that being involved with a really insecure person can be hell because they are always looking for and creating monsters...when the monster lives between their ears and in the crevices of their life experiences....

Keeping real and raw, like I do (please note I've been here and at times I catch myself regressing)......  ‘reassurance’ is what insecure people want and NEED most,  they thrive on it, it bandages long untreated and festering wounds, anyone can say reassuring to meet the neediness, it’s all too easy for partners (and friends) to offer reassurances that everything is “ okay or  you did good” in the relationship even when it isn't and they didn't but it's easier to say the opposite because it keeps the peace. This is a kind of denial.


Sometimes the one true problem in a relationship is the emotional insecurity of one partner and the effect that has on the relationship as a whole.




No comments:

Post a Comment