Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

God's Will BY: KB ©3.3.15

I was reading my many devotionals this morning (I do more before 4 am than most people do all day) when I came across this little blurb :

"But wait," I hear someone say, "don't you and I possess a will? We're not robots, are we?" R. C. Sproul addresses this well in Essential Truths of the Christian Faith: "We are creatures with a will of our own. We make things happen. Yet the casual power we exert is secondary. God's providence stands over and above our actions. He works out His will through the actions of human wills, without violating the freedom of those human wills." - See more at: 


I read this blurb over and over again. The first time I read it I couldn't believe my eyes because it highlighted the fact that I had a serious limited sense of the term "free will." I had an intellectual understanding but I failed to realize that my will is superimposed with the will of God.

Jeremiah 29: 11     11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Thessalonians 5:18     18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 2:15     18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 5:15-20     15 Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. 19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment