Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Honesty - March 3, 2015









Proverbs 12:22 ESV      Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

Proverbs 19:1 ESV      Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.

2 Corinthians 8:21 ESV      For we aim at what is honorable not only in the Lord's sight but also in the sight of man.

I'm am by no means a relationship expert....as a matter of fact I am single now because I allowed my character defects to get the better of me and they managed to erode a new foundation in a very short matter of time.....

What I am is...not stupid! I listened and I learned from every detour and bump. I learned to release resentments ( a most toxic and tragic poison that manages to kill the bloom and the roots) Any and all information that I provide in these next few days is based on very personal and painful firsthand knowledge.


Please let me say that I work as a counselor by profession and I know that lives, hopes and dreams are often hung on the information that I provide. I  do painstaking study on each topic and I take each topic seriously ...and again this information is based on that study and some very hard life lessons.

Can you tell yourself the truth or are you consistently caught in situations and drama because you failed to be honest with yourself? Do you compromise yourself to accommodate a situation you don't want to address head on? How's the self-deception and compromise working for you? I can almost guarantee you that it runs smoothly for a little while and then you get bored with it or it blows up like Hiroshima.

Self deception is not always the result of a pride issue. self deception can also be the byproduct of "playing old tapes" from past wounds; residual "people pleasing." Rationalizing and justifying our behaviors to accommodate someone equally wounded.

Where are you on the spectrum? What's your truth?


Our prayer should be that of David's in Psalms 139:23-24,

 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment