Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Obstruction Makes For Honest Prophecy - March 26, 2015









Isaiah 46:8 - 11     …8 "Remember this, and be assured; Recall it to mind, you transgressors. 9 "Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'. 11 Calling a bird of prey from the east, The man of My purpose from a far country. Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, surely I will do it.…

Proverbs 19:21     Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Deuteronomy 8:2     Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

Can you think back to you childhood and remember a time where something that you spoke became an appointment with destiny.  My vision was always something with the arts; at one point in my childhood I wanted to be a dancer...I obtained a used set of taps and applied them to some shoes....I was terrible at it. I knew the basics but it was just all bad. The same with my musical endeavors, I can play scales on the clarinet, I know one song on the French horn and can play rhythm guitar; as much as I love music I know it's not my passion. I stepped into my calling at about the age of 12 when I discovered I could write.

I truly believe that God has provided each and every one of His creations with a gift to bring Him glory. This gift is what drives me. You have to have to develop the kind of tenacity that blocks out the distractions of the world to focus on that gift and returning it to God. You have to address the enemy and state clearly and emphatically that "You will not die and leave this world without certain things coming to fruition. Your destiny is not over until God says it is over!"

I can't say that everything in my life has pushed me to my purpose, NO WAY!!! At times I have been my own worst enemy. I've acted out, acted in immaturity, given up, allow my flesh and desires to lead me....you name it I have most likely done it to distract myself from the hard, often constricting work. BUT GOD!!!! is always going to finish what He starts....even if circumstances contradict purpose, purpose will always prevail!


It is in the difficulty, pain and constriction that is an indication that God is working. If the gift came freely without pressure and obstruction, our humanity would say it was our fate and favor. But, because we get to experience such blessings and gifts over and over we can be assured that God's blessings are continuous and unmerited.


No comments:

Post a Comment