Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Broken and Spilled Out – 3.10.15

Psalm 34:18      The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Psalm 147:3      He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds

John 12:24      Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Proverbs 3:5-6      Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

I like to stay “vaguely personal” in my blog posting because I’m a major introvert. I don’t want too many people assuming they know me when I don’t put myself out there to be known. I do share my life experiences without exposing or incriminating (depends on how you want to look at it) others. Today, however, I’m going to put myself out there….laundry on the line…

The aforementioned scripture has an underlying theme, BROKENNESS AND/OR FRAGILITY!!!
That’s me personified.  Initially, I can say that I wasn't broken because of Christ and identifying with the suffering. Initially, I was broken and crushed because of stubbornness, disobedience and self-will. I was praying for a change in a situation and not for a change in me….you know that old familiar pray “thy kingdom come, my will be done” and in the middle of the prayer God dealt with me. My change came. I wish I could tell you that the transformation was comfortable but I can’t. Like a kid and his security blanket…I held on to my stuff like my life depended on it. My life did depend on it…but it was dependent upon my releasing so God could supply in proper order….I had come to understand the passage in Job

Job 13: 14-16     …14 "Why should I take my flesh in my teeth And put my life in my hands? 15 "Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him. 16 "This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence.…


It’s a struggle to be in discomfort and in a character press but it is also an honor and a blessing to be considered by God. Brokenness, frailties, fear and insecurity are where God displays His power and might…..God uses ordinary people !



No comments:

Post a Comment