Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, January 25, 2015

What Dreams May Come - January 25, 2015






Ezekiel 37: 1 - 3, 12 -14  The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

When is the last time you sought God before you took any action? If you're like most of us your prayer life began in your Wylie Coyote moments, usually after your actions backfire and blow up. When is the last time you asked God to breathe life into your vision? You know the ones you let fall by the wayside because you allowed your fears to overshadow your God or because you got so busy in your day to day worldly grind that you forgot God's ability to deliver.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't guilty of both forms of neglecting God at one point or another in my life..

Why did I use this particular passage of scripture? Because it's about restoration, rejuvenation and regeneration. It's about revival. It's about resuscitation. It's about rebirth. It's about trust God to breathe life into the things forgotten and left for dead.

God took Ezekiel to a place of perceived hopelessness and revealed His Majesty and might...He directed Ezekiel to speak life into the dry bones to illustrate how He works through us and how we can speak life into the things forgotten and cast aside.

The thing to be mindful of is knowing when your dream is in alignment with God.

 Here is how to determine :
1. It is bigger than you.
2. You can't let it go.
3. You would be willing to give everything for it.
4. It will last forever.
5. It meets a need nobody else has met.
6. It brings glory to God.

Just a little food for thought- when were kids we dream without limitations "movie star, professional athletes, lead dancer, etc... As we grow older we take on life messages that tell us that we have to limit our dreams. This is just the opposite of what God would have us to do.....all things are possible with God

Revelation 2:5: [Jesus said] “Look how far you have fallen from your first love! Turn back to me again and work as you did at first.”

Has your prayer life ceased or become scripted and rote? Has it lost the boldness and power it once had?  If we have endured a long season of discouragement, it's never ever too late to pray for the impossible and be revitalized by observing God's work.





No comments:

Post a Comment