Daily Bible Verse

Monday, January 26, 2015

Low Battery By: KB © 1.26.15

this is taken from my other blog


I’m getting a late start this morning. I had to stop and buy a cup of liquid energy – coffee!!! I did absolutely the bare minimum all weekend and I am still exhausted. I had 2 hours of sleep on Saturday night…I’m not complaining…I was doing what has been placed on my heart to do and I love it! I’m just writing a big lead in to my point…what to do when your energy wanes?

Philippians 3: 13-15    …13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;…

When I read this passage my mind flashes back to an Olympics marathon race many years ago where a runner was far behind the pack…the lights had gone out, the majority of the crowd had gone home but the brothers heart would NOT let him quit.

The Pulpit commentary describes this passage as thus:     Verse 14. - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus; rather, with the best manuscripts, unto the prize. The first preposition, "towards," expresses the aim; the second, "unto," the end of the race. The high calling; the upward, heavenward calling. God is calling us all upward, heavenward, by the voice of the Lord Jesus, who is the Word of God. Comp. Hebrews 2:1, "Partakers of the heavenly calling." The words, "in Christ Jesus," are to be taken with "the high calling." It is God who calls: he calls us in the person of Christ, by the voice of Christ, "Come unto me." "It was his will that thou shouldst run the race below; he gives the crown above. Seest thou not that even here they crown the most honored of the athletes, not on the racecourse below, but the king calls them up, and crowns them there" (Chrysostom). 

What are you running toward? Is it you high calling or is it your demise? Are you trying to make your will God’s?


How ya livin’?!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment