Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Draw Me Near - January 20, 2015




He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." —Hebrews 13:5


“I will never leave you…”— not for any reason; not my ignorance, selfishness, stubbornness, disobedience or my tendency to think that I know better than God. Have I really let God speak into my spirit that He will never leave me? If I have misheard, misquoted or made a misstep on this assurance of God, then please let me open my heart and ears to truly listen.

Do you fully understand what it means to be a "believer" and to not find comfort in your faith? Can you understand the crisis of not being able to draw on  ‘the peace that passes all understanding’? Do you feel that you can't find comfort in prayer or anything in life? Can't find relief or encouragement or find solace?

 I know it’s not about all feelings…but it seems to me that there has t be a certain amount of frustration that comes with seeing others who are enjoying the word and are finding comforting words in their quiet time with God; but do you feel immune to them? Am I talking directly to you?

Here are some simple questions to ask yourself that can help to get you back on track:

1.       “Am I spending time in God’s Word?
2.       Am I spending time alone in quiet?
3.       Have I prayed specifically that He will reach me in ways specific to me and my understanding?
4.       Have I harbored bitterness?
5.       Is there someone I haven’t forgiven?
6.       Am I near burnout?
7.       Am I spending time with people who love Jesus?
8.       Have I given more of my attention to bullies who undermine my worth than the still, small voice of God?
9.       Have I asked others to pray for my feeling numb or distant from God?
10.   Have I truly internalized the truth that God’s love for me is not dependent on me or my performance, but on Jesus and His performance? Sometimes we feel small and unworthy, but the truth is His affection for us is based on Jesus, not on us. Thank God for that!

My transformation began with question #10...I had to tap into my love and knowledge of Christ. I had to then go to #4 because I came to realize that the enemy was skewing my hearing. I was hearing indictments and I began projecting blame. I then had to work 1 and 2 simultaneously.....I can tell you that something beautiful was born from my commitment to Christ and to my routine. Let's just say you wouldn't be reading this if I hadn't taken time to examine why things were not connecting.


No comments:

Post a Comment