Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Even Me Lord - January 22, 2015





Have you ever felt that God couldn't use you to serve Him because you were just too ordinary? 

Gospel singer Danniebelle Hall sang :
Just ordinary people
God uses ordinary people
He chooses people just like me and you
Who are willing to do as He commands
God uses people that will give Him all
No matter how small your all may seem to you
Because little becomes much as you place it in the Master's hand

Just like that little lad
Who gave Jesus all he had
How the multitude was fed
With the fish and the loaves of bread
What you have may not seem much
But when you yield it to the touch
Of the Master's loving hand, yes,
Then you'll understand How your life could never be the same

When I was in seminary, I studied with a group of truly powerful, gifted, dynamic, successful pastors, ministers, singers and  leaders. I told myself, “I’ll never be where they’re at, because I’m not that gifted or inspired” I listened to my negative self-talk and walked away before I could even find my own voice and stride in ministry. I felt I was becoming a carbon copy, cookie cutter version of my elders who had been in ministry for years. Here it is almost 20 years later and I am now finding my voice, my footing, my passion and my purpose in Christ. I've also discovered  that God loves to use the ordinary.

The story of Isaac is in the Bible  to show  how God can use an ordinary person; the everyday man. Seriously, if Isaac was a man of today...we'd walk past him and never give him a second thought.  Isaac was a basic, ordinary son of a famous father, and the basic, ordinary father of a famous son. 

Genesis 26  was mainly written to show Israel how God was faithfully honoring His covenant. Isaac was slow to follow God as opposed to  his son Jacob who tended to run ahead of God. In spite of Isaac’s slow response and even in his sin, God blessed Isaac because of His promise to Abraham. Abraham’s descendants would be blessed because of their relationship to him; but, like Isaac, they had to grow in faith and obedience. 

 God’s blesses people, so they can become a blessing to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment