Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Insanity - January 27, 2015






Romans 7:14 -16     …14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.…

 Romans 6: 15 – 16       15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?…

What behavior have you attached yourself to?

Romans 7:14 -16     …14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.…

 Romans 6: 15 – 16       15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?…

Have you ever wondered why we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again? The answer is simple…we have never addressed the lusts in our lives. We have a tendency to compartmentalize lust as simply a sexual desire. Now, don’t get me wrong the essence of lust is pleasure but it is not always sexual; two of the definitions for lust are:

- a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for):  a lust for power.
- to have a yearning or desire; have a strong or excessive craving. 

We all struggle with desires of the flesh. We all have lusted after something at one point or another. We all  have “pimped” ourselves out to something that does not bring life.


The GOOD NEWS - God is not blind to our nature there is a remedy: Galatians 5:16-17
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. 17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please. (read 16 – 25)




No comments:

Post a Comment