Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Grateful for joyful spirits

Image may contain: possible text that says 'IHAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY THE SOULS OF SOME BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL!'



Thought for today:
Good morning kings and queens
I was without my "visual verbal umbilical cord " the internet, for the better part of yesterday so I was feeling it big time.
You know I'm going to take today to reflect on gratitude....
Who would have ever thought that we'd be living in a time where a surgical face mask would become part of our fashions and daily garb? Who would have thought that our daily news and journalism would have become tabloid reports, biased opinions and nihilistic noise with attrition rates ?
It's easy to give up, lose hope, get distracted and get drawn into the whirlpool that drains into a cesspool (yes, I said it)
I chose not to dwell on the negative and in the negative. I serve a God that is not defeated and does not allow for defeat...
Brothers and sisters it's easy to swing a hammer to tear down but can you build up? Can you encourage in spite of what you're going through? Can you see God's comma (,) where you placed the finality of a period (.) Can you strain your hearts and ears to feel the "but God, praise?
Allow me to share some optimism from someone who by all intents and purposes had every reason to give in to depression and despair; this time I'm going to give you a human being... let these quotes resonate with you today when you feel the spirit of complaint well up in you:

“It’s difficult in times like these: ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality. It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”

“Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!”

“Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness. People are just people, and all people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness.”

These words were written by a 14 year old girl who lived in a very ugly time....Anne Frank

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

I dare to say ....and they will show you God as well. Let your hearts be pure and without complaint and constraint ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment