Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Hope not H8

Image may contain: possible text that says 'REGARDLESS OF SEXUALITY GENDER NATIONALITY RELIGION RACE WE ARE ALL HUMAN. NO H8'   No photo description available.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Thought for today:
Good morning kings and queens,
I have a different kind of message for you today...

I have a lot to say today….so, get your coffee, get your readers and pull up a seat….

Yesterday I noticed a recurring theme in some of screening….while some of it was humorous and well written and entertaining it also led me to think of real time circumstances for the people who didn’t get the opportunity to see their blessings on the other side of their struggle.

To fully grasp what I’m writing about you must first understand the definition of the word dichotomy
di·chot·o·my /dīˈkädəmē/ (noun)
noun: dichotomy; plural noun: dichotomies
a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
“A dichotomy is a partition of a whole into two parts. In other words, this couple of parts must be jointly exhaustive: everything must belong to one part or the other, and mutually exclusive: nothing can belong simultaneously to both parts – Wikipedia”
OK, now that I have the definition out of the way I want to talk about LBGTQ issues. I use the word “issues” because I want to address how parents and the presumed heteronormative mindset forces people to live in a state of denial or assume a dichotomous lifestyle to conform to the “norm.” People are forced into soul stealing positions and situations by FEAR and IGNORANCE; (fear of ostracism, fear of physical assault, religious bigotry, fear of legal manipulations)
It’s very disheartening to see someone relegated to a mental and emotional prison for the comfort of others.

The hetero-normative mindset excuses their abnormal aggression and violence toward the LBGT community and their creation on unintentional LBGTQ martyrs (Matthew Shepard and Branden Teena). How is it that gay is considered abnormal and abhorrent but the violence and insecurities of the hetero perpetrator is acceptable?

These LBGTQ battered souls seek solace and love from the church, believing it at its word and message of love only to receive a verbal beating from its pulpits

What’s my point? – How many of our conversations offer 
hope? How many of us create a safe inviting space for someone to “be”? How many of us Know the “true” love of God? (keeping in mind that coming into the knowledge is a progressive and ever evolving process) I am often amazed about the folks who claim to know ….but find it easy to deny the love to others
I want to share this message with anyone who is struggling to concretize their identity:
“You are not under any obligation to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm. Light that remaining match in your soul, ignite the fire on the dusty cobwebs of your heart” (paraphrased Penny Reid)
Please know that the Bible that was and is used as a weapon against you also says:
Ephesians 2:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Psalm 139:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Jeremiah 1:5 English Standard Version (ESV)
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
And for you folks who loooooove to proselytize with a veiled message of hatred and condemnation ….you know who you are …all you good “love the sinner hate the sin” folks. The Bible also says:
1 Corinthians 13 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

You are enough! You are complete! You are loved ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment