Daily Bible Verse

Monday, April 6, 2020

Let there be peace on Earth....let it begin with me

Image may contain: one or more people and text  Image may contain: text

Image may contain: possible text that says 'STOP WATERIN NG DOWN THE WORD TO MAKE FOLK FEEL GOOD! Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Timothy 4:2-4 KJV)'

Thought for today:
Good morning beautiful people...
Last night I was awaken from a sleep by the rapid staccato of gunfire (I counted 23, all 1 gun, my guess a Glock) and the screams of a mother "that's my baby" I then saw the flash of red and blue lights and heard the power engines of the cop cars. None of the sounds are unfamiliar to me...a sad commentary on our society in general...
What I will NEVER get used to, what I pray will ALWAYS be unfamiliar is the mindset that has a lack of hope to the point where a human life is so devalued that an individual truly believes that he/she has the right to take it (most instances it is done over something trivial and authorized by a sense of misguided loyalty and pride)
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
(NEWS FLASH - Your mind is part of your body)
As I sat to regroup and gather my thoughts after what had transpired, I began to ask myself about believers....where are we? I see us in mass numbers on Sundays. I see us in mass numbers online...seriously, how many of us speak up when we hear or see things operating outside of the will of God? I am not talking about proselytizing...I am talking about sharing a message of hope and allowing the individual to decide what they are going to do with it...
The word gospel translates to "good news" but far too many of are concerned with the "bloom" of the end result rather than planting the seeds. From me to you....sometimes the gardener never sees the bloom - How many people are around to see the giant redwoods?
Luke 2:10-11 (NIV)
10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
We hold on fast and firm to our tenets and principles but have a pronounced fear of proclaiming the word...a sense of hoarding of the gospel... Folks the word IS our manna!!! What were the rules for manna (basically, a person could gather a portion for the day and could only keep it for the day.)
Is it our position and decision to say who is expendable? Should it be our practice to remain quiet when we hear/see someone floundering? Do we remain silent when we hear someone misinterpret scripture or wield it as a weapon of judgement?
REAL TALK brothers and sisters if your love does not include others (ALL OTHERS...forget your spiritual "country club" preaching to the choir standard operating procedures) your love is incomplete and we will continue to see /hear of young people dying...
The word never addresses people's "comfort" when God is moving them into their calling and purpose  ~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment